I love eggs and I found out that I actually like asparagus a lot 🙂 I don’t know why but it was a vegetable that it never showed up at my mum’s table… maybe because we used to grow our own vegetables so we had other choices? I don’t know. I used to eat it at restaurants but never at home. So I never saw anyone preparing it so I never really learned how to do it. Then when I got to England, of course, asparagus we’re a bit everywhere specially when the season was on. Besides eating it out or at work, I started trying to cook them. Had a bit of failed trials but slowly I started to get it right 🙂 And I ended up finding my own method – How to prepare asparagus
Once I was browsing some Portuguese recipes websites and I found out that this scrambled eggs and asparagus bruschetta recipe is actually quite traditional in some parts of my country, mainly in the south where we love our good home made bread 🙂 How funny that I didn’t knew that. I guess I should investigate my country’s food history a bit more! So I thought it would be a nice to actually cook this dish that looks always so yummy. I really wasn’t disappointed. Try it and let me know if you like it too…
Scrambled eggs and asparagus bruschetta
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 bunch of green asparagus
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 6 eggs
- Olive oil needed
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Start by preparing and cooking the asparagus
- When ready, cut them into small pieces.
- Beat the eggs, seasoned with salt and pepper.
- In a frying pan, place the olive oil and add the garlic and bay leaf. Let it warm up a little till the garlic changes color without burning.
- Add the asparagus and stir so they are crispy on all sides and absorb the garlic taste.
- Then add the eggs, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon.
- Mix it up gently and wait a few minutes until the eggs begin to cook.
- Mix again the ingredients and remove from the heat before the eggs dry completely.
- Serve over slices of toasted bread