I know it’s not Christmas, not even close 🙂 but I do like turkey all year round. My mum would cook it as much as chicken and I really like it.
Fortunately, I can find turkey in my butcher, even outside the Christmas season. I have a choice between turkey steaks (I will show you this recipe later) and I also have the choice of drumsticks. And they are gorgeous and big 🙂 perfect to make roasted turkey drumsticks…
Every time I arrive home with this 2 huge drumsticks my boyfriend becomes Fred Flintstone and he just loves it 🙂
I find that the best way to cook it is roasted in the oven. I have tried it in the pressure cooker and although it becomes nice and tender, the roast tastes much better. Why don’t you give it a try?
Roasted Turkey Drumsticks
- 2 turkey drumsticks one per person
- Potatoes for roasting as needed
- 12 spring onions or 6 shallots
- 2 to matoes diced
- 50 g bacon strips
- 200 g chorizo sliced
- 3 cloves garlic in pieces
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cube of chicken stock
- 400 ml white wine
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 50 g margarine
- Salt pepper and paprika, to taste
- Oven - 180C
- Place the turkey drumsticks in a baking tray. Sprinkle on both sides with salt, chopped garlic (puncture the leg with a knife and put inside the garlic pieces), pepper and paprika. Rub everything into all parts of the drumsticks
- Around the meat, spread potatoes, shallots/ slices spring onions, bay leaves, bacon, chorizo, chicken cube into pieces, tomatoes, tomato paste and season with a little salt.
- Add the white wine and spread small pieces of margarine all over the ingredients on the tray
- Bake for about 1 hour and a half
- Halfway through cooking, turn the drumsticks carefully.
- In the end, the turkey skin should face up so that it gets toasted.
- If the sauce becomes very dry, add a little water
- If you prefer it extra toasted, turn the oven grill for the last 10 min.