I’ve been waiting a long time to cook this roast chicken in the pot… it’s the sort of recipe that requires a cooking pot that can start on the top stove and end in the oven.
For a long time, my kitchen was missing a dutch oven… and for some reason, I was always coming across recipes that needed one! The problem was that the ones I was finding in the shops here were way too expensive for me…
And just when I was about to do a bit of online shopping and patiently wait for the delivery… I found a dutch oven the right size for my wallet 🙂 Every so often I like to go around the island and visit all these shops selling kitchen utensils and equipment. Most of the time I’m not looking for anything in particular. Just looking around as you never know what you can find that it’s missing in your kitchen 🙂 And that’s when I found this beautiful and affordable dutch oven… And now my kitchen has a new resident and I can cook all those recipes I have in my head 🙂
My first trial was with chicken… a nice roast chicken in the pot 🙂
Roast chicken in the pot
- 1 small whole chicken
- 1 head of garlic
- 10 small Potatoes
- 1/2 red pepper chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 100 ml of white wine
- 150 ml chicken broth
- Thyme springs to taste
- Preheat oven - 180C
- In a dutch oven place the whole chicken with the breast side up. Add the garlic head cut in half, the pepper and potatoes, peeled and cut in half.
- Season with salt and pepper and pour over the white wine and broth. Then add the thyme sprigs.
- Cover the pan and put it in the oven for 1 hour.
- After that time remove the lid and cook a few more minutes, just to brown the chicken.
- Serve the chicken broken into pieces, with potatoes and the pan juices