Sometimes I arrive home and there’s absolutely no imagination left to use in the kitchen… does it happen to you too? Well it happens to me! Thank God for recipe books and internet 🙂 First I browse the kitchen cabinets, see what’s around and then I start the recipe search… I always start by looking at the books I brought from home… I love the cuisine from my country and if I can stick to it, then that’s what I do 🙂 Then I may browse the books bought in other countries… and in the end I may turn into online research… always on the look out for that particular recipe where I can use the ingredients I already have…
This time I found a recipe for a potato roll with tuna and shrimps… It sounded good and easy enough! I’m sure you always have a tin of tuna in your cupboards, no? And potatoes? Who doesn’t have potatoes around all the time? Well, I do 🙂 Ok, the recipe calls for king prawns but I had this bag of frozen cooked shrimps and I though it would do just fine… And it came out really nice. A different way of putting really simple ingredients together…
Potato roll with tuna and shrimp
- 500 g cooked potatoes
- 3 eggs + 1 egg yolk
- 4 tbsp milk
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp flour
- Grated bread as needed
- Grated cheese as needed
- 3 cans of tuna
- 200 g frozen cooked shrimp
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- 100 g black olives chopped
- Chopped parsley to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven - 180C.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper, grease it with butter and sprinkle with grated bread.
- Mash the potatoes and pour into a bowl. Add 3 beaten eggs, milk, olive oil and flour.
- Season with salt and stir well.
- Pour on top of the baking paper, spread across the whole surface and bake for 25 minutes
- Drain the liquid from the cans of tuna and run the shrimp under running cold water.
- Mince the onion and garlic and cook in olive oil.
- Add the diced tomatoes without skin or seeds. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the tuna and shrimp and season with salt and pepper. Add the parsley and olives and cook it for another 3 min.
- Overturn the tray with the cooked potato mixture on top of a tea towel sprinkled with breadcrumbs.
- Spread the tuna/shrimp mixture over it.
- Roll it with the help of the tea towel and put it back in the oven tray.
- Brush with a mixture of egg yolk and water
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and bake it till golden brown