While talking with my mother yesterday, I remembered a dish that I haven’t made in a very long time – pork tenderloin with coffee cream sauce. This sauce was very popular at my mum’s table. Sometimes with pork tenderloin, sometimes with steak, sometimes with pork chops, you got the picture 🙂 It’s one of my dad’s favourites and I also like it a lot. So let me try it with the boyfriend.
(Drum roll) It’s approved! The boyfriend loved it so it’s another dish to cook more often 🙂
In my case, I used Port wine cause I always have a bottle in the house. And also because that’s the way my mum does it. But I know that with whisky the result is also very delicious. And I can guess that it will also be good with rum or vodka. I will try it next time and let you know! But if you try it first don’t forget to let me know 🙂
- 1 pork tenderloin
- 50 g butter
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 50 ml of Port wine or whisky
- 2 tsp of finely ground espresso coffee
- 200 ml of cream
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a frying pan, heat 1 tbsp of oil and sear the oork tenderloin on all sides. Remove from the pan and let it rest.
- Clean the frying pan from the used oil and melt the butter in it.
- Add the Dijon mustard and mix with a fork.
- Add the Port wine or whisky and the coffee. Continue to mix till everything is well incorporated.
- In the end, add the cream and mix.
- Meanwhile, cut the tenderloin into medallions.
- When the cream starts to thicken, add the medallions to the pan to finish cooking.
- Serve with potatoes or rice
Products from Amazon.co.uk
- Price: £9.60Was: £14.98
- Price: £24.78
- Price: £19.99Was: £25.00
- Price: £14.99