After a long day at work, I’m sure most of you don’t feel like cooking… well, I have those days too 🙂 so, I either tell my boyfriend that he has to cook 🙂 or I come up with something simple and quick… but still full of flavour – like these pork collar chops with honey and mustard sauce – don’t get fooled by the long name, it’s very easy and quick 🙂
Pork chops are very easy to cook but also very easy to get it wrong. I, personally, prefer to use chops from the collar. They have more fat in it and don’t get try to easily. But it’s up to your taste to use whichever chops you prefer. This recipe goes well with any kind of pork chops or with steak. Nice, simple and quick… perfect! 🙂
Pork collar chops with honey and mustard sauce
- 2 pork collar chops
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp cream
- 1 tbsp honey
- Chopped parsley
- Season the chops with salt and pepper.
- In a frying pan, put a little olive oil and fry the chops on both sides until they are cooked to your liking.
- Remove them to a platter and cover with aluminium foil to keep them warm.
- Meanwhile, mix the cream with the honey and mustard. In the same skillet where you fried the chops, put the mixture of cream, honey and mustard and bring to the boil.
- Turn off the heat and put the chops back in the frying pan. Stir to cover the meat with the sauce.
- Serve sprinkled with chopped parsley and chips.