With an Italian/Maltese boyfriend I can’t really get away from eating pizza at least once a week… Which I don’t mind 🙂 I love a good pizza 🙂
When we started going out, we would either go out for pizza or order him. Frozen pizza is for emergencies and I was scared to make my own. I had tried it the past, but now I was afraid that I had been doing it wrong all along. I had never been to Italy so I always trusted what the restaurants/pizzerias were serving. Until I met my boyfriend! We go out for pizza and it never meets his expectations. Can you imagine me cooking pizza at home for him? No way!!!! But he kept telling me to try, that it couldn’t be that bad and for sure better then frozen pizza. So I decided to give t a go 🙂 My first few attempts weren’t very successful, but I didn’t gave up. After several more trials I found this recipe and fresh yeast: match made in heaven. Now the pizza dough comes out perfect every time. Just make sure you let it rise till it doubles in size and you’ll have a nice pizza base for sure 🙂
- 550 g flour
- 25 g fresh yeast
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 300 ml water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- Flour for dusting
- In a bowl, place the yeast and sugar. Add a little water and mix. Let it stand for 5 mins.
- Meanwhile, dissolve the salt in a little water.
- Place the flour in a bowl and make a well in the middle.
- In the well, place the yeast, olive oil and salt dissolved in water.
- Begin mixing with your fingers.
- Add the remaining water and knead all well until the dough stops sticking to your hands.
- Form a ball and cover with a cloth. Let rise for at least 2h30m.
- Sprinkle the kitchen counter with flour. Place the dough on the flour and divide into 3 equal parts. Form a ball with each piece.
- Stretch each of the balls with your hands and / or with the help of a rolling pin.
- Place the base in a pizza pan and add your toppings