This is quite a popular recipe that I’m sure you have all seen it, tried it or even cooked it. But there’s so many variations of the original mushrooms stuffed with bacon recipe that I decided to show you how I do it. Maybe it’s different from what you’ve seen so far 🙂
Like a lot of the recipes that I’ve shown you already and future ones to come, this is a dish were you can use your imagination and just change the stuffing… I’m all about being able to create dishes with what you have around without having to go to the supermarket all the time.
For this dish I like to use bacon but also ham, blue cheese, tuna, smoked salmon… the option are endless. Even the way you use the dish is very versatile: most of the times I make these mushrooms as a starter but I have also used it as a side dish… And I have also cook it as a main course. For that I used really big flat Portobello mushrooms and stuffed it with minced meat. It was also very nice and a recipe to try again in the future 🙂
Mushrooms stuffed with bacon
- 3 slices of bacon
- 6 fresh mushrooms medium sized
- 1/2 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- Salt pepper and parsley, to taste
- Grated cheese as needed
- Preheat oven - 180C
- Carefully remove the stems from the mushrooms.
- Place the bacon, the garlic, the onion, the mushroom stems and parsley on a food processor and blitz to a paste.
- Place the paste in a bowl, add 1 tbsp grated cheese and mix well.
- Fill the mushrooms with this mixture.
- Place the mushrooms in a baking tray and put some grated cheese on each of the mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with olive oil and bake for about 20-30 minutes, until the mushrooms lose their water.