No, I’m not baking in this hot weather 🙂 These lemon snikerdoodle blondies were made a few weeks ago when it was still nice to put the oven on! The boyfriend loves them with his morning coffee and I love them at any time of the day 🙂
At this stage, some of you might be asking: “snickerdowhat?!?!” Don’t worry, I’ve done the same and my first reaction was to ask Mr Google! So, according to wikipedia: “A snickerdoodle is a type of cookie made with butter or oil, sugar, and flour, and rolled in cinnamon sugar. Eggs may also sometimes be used as an ingredient, with cream of tartar and baking soda added to leaven the dough”. Ok, I’m happy with the explanation…
According to some, these kind of cookies have their origins in Germany. But they seem to be very popular in the United States and in Canada and very unknown to the rest of the world.
Brownies vs Blondies
Just by looking at the names we can guess that the difference between these two desserts is very self explanatory. Blondies are considered the opposite of brownies mostly because the former are usually vanilla-based and the latter is chocolate-based. The ingredients in both are mostly the same but because of the chocolate in the brownies, the flavour that you can add to it are very different to the ones that you can add to the blondies. And these would be another major difference between these two cookie bars.
Lemon snickerdoodle blondies
I saw this recipe on another blog – Sugar Spun Run – and it got me curious. I’m always on the lookout for cookies or cakes with simple flavours that would go well with our morning coffee and these recipe was a total success. So much that the boyfriend asks for it every so often! And i’m happy to bake them cause I also like it a lot! Now it’s your turn to enjoy it!
Lemon snickerdoodle blondies
- 1 cup of butter melted
- 2 cups of granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp milk (30ml)
- 2 large eggs
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour (345g)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven - 180C/350F
- Grease and flour (or line with baking paper) a 13x9 pan and set aside
- In a large bowl, combine the melted butter, sugar and milk.
- Add in the eggs and stir until combined.
- Add the zest and juice of 1 lemon and stir until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cream of tartar and salt.
- Stir into the butter mixture and stir until combined.
- Pour the final mixture into the prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, prepare the topping by combining the sugar and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle over the batter in the pan.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes.
[amazon_link asins=’B000YJ7J42,B006JILI3K,B0151I1CM0′ template=’CopyOf-ProductGrid’ store=’onceuponapan-21′ marketplace=’UK’ link_id=’7f95a505-724a-11e8-97ea-27d6117bb0df’]