Anything that involves pastry is always a hit in my house 🙂 my boyfriend loves pies I cook them a lot during Winter. During Summer I change into quiches as it can be eaten hot or cold. And this way I put two passions together: pastry for the boyfriend and eggs for me… so this Ham and Vegetables Quiche is perfect for both of us
A lot of times I make my own pastry… short crust pastry is very easy to make and anything home made is always better tasting. But sometimes we need a good shortcut when time is not on our side. So I try to always have a shop bought pack of pastry in my freezer. Makes life so much easier 🙂
And I also find quiches to be great to use all the leftovers from the fridge – I think I said this before, no? 🙂 – This time I had vegetables that needed to be used and also some ham. So let’s put it all together and create a beautiful ham and vegetables quiche… I served it with some nice fresh mozzarella seasoned with salt, pepper and balsamic vinegar… just to give it that little bit of Italian taste for the boy of the house… delicious 🙂
Ham and Vegetables Quiche
- 1 shortcrust pastry roll
- 2 grated carrots
- 2 grated courgettes
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 150 g sweet corn
- 150 g mushrooms chopped
- Olive oil needed
- 2 tbsp of tomato paste
- 100 g ham diced
- Grated cheese as needed
- 3 eggs
- 100 ml milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Nutmeg to taste
- Oregano to taste
- Preheat oven - 180
- Roll out the pastry and place it in a pie tin.
- Prick the dough all over with a fork and bake for about 7 min. Remove and set aside.
- In a frying pan, heat a little olive oil and fry the garlic, then add the carrots, the courgette, mushrooms and corn.
- Add 2 tbsp of tomato paste and let it cook a few minutes.
- Drain the prepared vegetables of any excess oil and spread over the precooked pastry.
- In a bowl, break the eggs, beat it well and add the milk gradually. Add the ham and season with a little salt, pepper and nutmeg. Mix well and pour over the vegetables in the pie.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 min