And I’m baking again!!! Can you believe it? This is all my boyfriend’s fault… He enjoys a nice little sweet treat to have with his coffee in the morning or after dinner… and I love the way he enjoys it when it’s something made by me 🙂 Oh what love does to people…. in my case ended up with Espresso muffins 🙂
So he’s being my Guinea pig on my baking adventures 🙂 Sometimes he’s lucky and something really nice comes up… but sometimes things don’t go so well and he’s left with nothing! Oh yes, because my baking skills are not that great and all can go wrong very easily. In most cases, my cakes don’t rise. and I’m still looking for an explanation. My mum says it’s because I don’t beat the cake mixture enough, or I’m not using a good yeast or because I open the oven door before the time is up. I promose that I’ve corrected all these issues and still sometimes things go terribly wrong.
Because the boyfriend usually likes to have a small piece of cake or muffin with his coffee, I though these Espresso muffins could be a good choice… the recipe seemed easy enough and I thought that I could do well with this one…and I was right! He really liked them 🙂 and even I enjoyed it… Just enough cake to enjoy with a nice cup of coffee…
Try it and let me know if you enjoyed it too 🙂
- 2 eggs
- 125 g brown sugar
- 125 g butter
- 125 g all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp strong coffee powder such as espresso
- 50 g dark chocolate
- Caster sugar as needed
- 12 cupcake paper liners
- Oven - 180C
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and cocoa. Set aside.
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a water bath. Add the sugar and a pinch of salt and stir well until all the ingredients are well combined and the chocolate is completely melted.
- Place this mixture in a bowl and add the eggs, beating between each addition.
- Add to the flour mixture and stir until the dough is smooth and shiny.
- Meanwhile, place the cupcake paper liners into the compartments of the muffin tin.
- Distribute the dough by each one of the liners and bake for 20 min.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with sugar while the cupcakes are still hot