This Cream of peach with Greek yoghurt is a very refreshing dessert… perfect for the those hot summer days.
Although baking is not my thing, I actually like to put desserts together, as long as there’s no baking involved. And I like particularly desserts that involve fresh fruit, yoghurt and gelatin 🙂 I first saw this recipe being done on an American TV cooking show. The difference was that the original recipe was for cream of lemon. But everything else was pretty much the same. It sounded and looked really nice so I decided to give it a go.
The reason I changed the flavour was because I couldn’t find lemon flavoured gelatin on my local supermarket. Any other flavour was there except the one I needed! Always the way!!! So I decided to adapt it to what I could find. I had a can of peaches at home so I decided to get peach gelatin and adapt the recipe to the new ingredients. I also decided to give it a little but of my touch by including pieces of peach on top. Believe me, it came out really good. A good example that you can change a dessert recipe and still get a good result 🙂
Cream of peach with Greek yoghurt
- 2 sachets of peach gelatin
- 400 g Greek yoghurt sweetened
- 400 ml whipping cream
- 100 g sugar
- 1 can of peach in syrup
- In a small saucepan, boil 400ml of water.
- In a bowl, pour the contents of 2 sachets of gelatin and dissolve it by adding the boiling water. Make sure its well dissolved and let it cool completely.
- Beat the whipping cream until it becomes fluffy. While you're beating, add the sugar gradually and beat until it forms Chantilly.
- When the gelatin is cold, add the yoghurt and stir with a wire whisk so that it is well mixed.
- Finally, slowly, carefully fold the whipped cream with the gelatin.
- Divide the cream into individual bowls. Store in the refrigerator until it is cool and solidified.
- In a food processor, whisk some pieces of peach from the can so that it forms a thick and chunky cream.
- To serve, place a spoonful of this cream on each bowl.