Although I like to experiment in the kitchen and try new things whenever I can, sometimes there’s nothing better then those simple recipes, easy to make and so so good 🙂 Like these chicken wings with homemade BBQ sauce. Ok, I know I said simple recipes but nothing beats a good homemade BBQ sauce…
In my house, we are both fans of chicken wings… but I try to avoid the typical fried wings. My choice is always the oven. I find that it comes really good, it’s definitely healthier and I can still get it as crispy as the fried ones 🙂
If I’m short of time, sometimes I boil the wings for a few minutes and then finish them in the oven for a crispy skin. But my favourite way is to cook them only in the oven. I find that the flavour is better like this.
This time I decided to use my sauce in these Chicken wings with homemade BBQ sauce. It comes really nice and much better than the shop bought one. I don’t find it complicated at all, although there’s quite a lot of ingredients in it. Sometimes I make a bigger quantity and keep it in the fridge for later use.
Chicken wings with homemade BBQ sauce
- 1 kg chicken wings
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce Ketchup
- 2 tbsp mustard of your choice
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup of strong coffee
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven - 180C
- Clean the chicken wings and remove the tips. Season with salt and marinate for 30 min.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter. Add the onion and garlic and saute until wilted.
- Add the remaining ingredients, in the order they appear in the list of ingredients, and mix well.
- Cook for 30 min over low heat, until thickened.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool for 10 min.
- Put the sauce in a blender and blend for 2 min. Pass through a sieve and set aside.
- Wash the wings to remove the salt and dry them with paper towels.
- Put them in a bowl and pour 2 cups of the previously prepared BBQ sauce. Mix well.
- Place the wings in a baking tray and bake them for 40 min.
- Serve with the remaining sauce.