I have always been a fan of Indian Food – mainly curries… My mum introduced it in our diet when she found a ready made curry powder that you only needed to add milk and dinner was done. Typical of my mother, anything to make cooking easy and fast. But guess what? It was quite good 🙂 But of course, nothing compares to a proper curry where you mix your own spices.
For a long time, my Indian experience was only that, curries, and only after leaving the country I was introduced to other dishes from this exotic part of the World. We have Indian restaurants back home but it’s not a popular cuisine. At least is wasn’t when I was there! I’m sure things have changed because I can see a lot more ethnic restaurants when I visit my home town.
In the UK, I learned about spices that I never used before and the different ways of combining them. i tried new dishes and flavours which made me more and more curious about this type of cuisine. So I’m always on the look out for new recipes as I really like the flavours.
I found this recipe for Chicken Legs roasted Indian style with Lemon Couscous on the Food Network website and it seemed so simple and delicious that I had to try it 🙂
Chicken Legs roasted Indian style with Lemon Couscous
- 2 whole chicken legs
- A 5cm piece of ginger peeled
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 chilli
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 150 ml coconut milk
- Chopped parsley to taste
- Preheat the oven - 190C
- In a bowl, mix the garlic and ginger previously grated, add the spices, chopped chilli, a little salt and 1 tbsp of vegetable oil. Mix well and rub the mixture into the chicken legs so that they are well covered with the mixture.
- Place the chicken on an oven tray and bake for about 45 min.
- Finished the time, drizzle the chicken with coconut milk and return to the oven for at least another 30 min or until chicken is well roasted
- Serve sprinkled with parsley and with a side of Lemon Couscous