I find these chicken and ricotta croissants to be such a quick way to get some nibbles on the table before your main course. I like these treats sometimes 🙂 And it’s good if you are entertaining guests. They start eating something while you finish your main course.
You can fill them with almost anything: chicken, tuna, cheese, jam, chocolate, meat… you name it! It can be a savory treat or a sweet treat 🙂 How brilliant is that? And I know that I’m cheating by using ready made pastry but let’s be honest, doesn’t it make everyone’s life much easier and faster? I have tried with chicken and ricotta, with jam and brie and with Nutella… always delicious!
These little starters or desserts are just the perfect size. Two bites and it’s gone… exactly what you need from a nibble.
Give it a try and let me know if you used any other ingredients… I would love to try you suggestions 🙂
Chicken & Ricotta Croissants
- 1/2 cup of cooked chicken shredded
- 100 g ricotta
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 pack of fresh puff pastry choose the round shaped one
- Salt pepper and parsley, to taste
- 1 egg beaten
- zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven - 200C
- Mix the chicken with the ricotta cheese and mustard. Season with the zest of lemon and chopped parsley, salt and pepper. Mix well until you obtain a paste.
- Unroll the puff pastry without removing the parchment paper and cut into 8 pieces.
- Brush the pastry with a little of beaten egg.
- Distribute the chicken paste by the 8 pastry triangles
- Roll each triangle, starting from the widest part until you reach the nozzle, forming a croissant.
- Brush the croissants with remaining beaten egg, transfer to a baking sheet and bake for about 20 min.
- Serve warm or cold