I love starters! I like to nibble before the main course while tasting some wine 🙂 the problem is that we can’t enjoy this pleasure on a daily basis. Sometimes for lack of time and mostly because of our health. To eat a 2 course or 3 course meal everyday, in the evening, is not good for our general health and for our figure, unfortunately. But if we do it just every so often I’m sure it won’t kill us 🙂
So let’s forget how naughty we are being, because a nice starter is always a delight 🙂 Like these cheese and red berries jam pillows…
I’m sure you think savory when you think about starters. But these cheese and red berries jam pillows are actually a sweet starter! No, to be honest is more of a combination of sweet and savory
Some of the starters I prefer involve seafood. It’s something very common in my country and it’s our excuse to enjoy a bit of seafood on a regular basis. But along the years I came across some other nice alternatives that I’m sure you will enjoy too… Like these little yummy pillows of cheese and jam that I adapted from another starter tasted in a local restaurant… you have to try it 😉
Cheese and red berries jam pillows
- 1 pack of fresh puff pastry
- Cream cheese with pepper as needed
- Red berries jam as needed
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven - 200C
- Unroll the puff pastry without removing the baking paper it was wrapped with.
- With a pastry cutter, cut the pastry into small rectangles.
- Place 1 tsp of cheese in one of the rectangle halves. On top of the cheese, put 1 tsp of jam.
- Brush the edges of the rectangles with a mixture of beaten egg and water. Close the rectangle with the other half to cover well the cheese and the jam.
- With a fork, prick the edge of each pillow to join the pastry well and prevent the filling from escaping.
- Brush each pillow with the remaining egg wash.
- Bake for about 20 min until the pillows are golden and the pastry is cooked