Another very well known recipe but I decided to cook it in a different way: breaded pork chops in the oven.
Usually, breaded chops are deep fried but I really don’t like frying food – not healthy and the smell stays in the house for days. And honestly, I never manage to get it as crispy and dry as I want to. Maybe because I don’t have a deep fryer? I don’t know but it’s something I can live without. So instead of frying I decided to try it in the oven. It really works 🙂 It’s not the same as fried but you still manage to get a nice crust. I also thought that it would be nice to give a different flavour so I added parsley to the breadcrumbs. Most recipes don’t include dipping the chops in flour but I find that it helps to seal the meat and keep the moist in. So the dipping process starts with flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs. And sometimes I dip it again in egg and again in breadcrumbs. This makes the crust thicker and will get more crispy. I served the chops with mushrooms stuffed with bacon and arugula salad… a really nice meal 🙂
Breaded pork chops in the oven
- 2 pork chops
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Grated bread as needed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parsley as needed
- 2 eggs beaten
- Flour as needed
- Oil spray
- Start by seasoning the chops with salt, pepper, garlic and lemon juice. Leave to marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Place the grated bread and parsley on a food processor and mince well.
- Place the grated bread, flour and eggs in three separate containers.
- Remove the chops from the marinade.
- Dip each cutlet first through the flour, then the egg and finally the grated bread. Make sure that you coat the chops well with all the ingredients.
- Place the chops in a baking tray lined with baking paper. Spray with oil and bake for about 30 min or until the chops are nice and golden.