Following my previous speech on my “Rice with peas” post, I present you with another recipe that I made to please the boyfriend: rice with beans and bacon.
There’s so many ways to add flavour to rice. If you go through your cupboard, I’m sure you will find something that will go well with rice. You can use any type of beans, you can use bacon, ham, tuna, cheese, corn, tomato… and the list goes on. Such a versatile grain to be used in so many ways…
Rice with beans and bacon
- 1 can of red beans
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- Olive oil as needed
- 1 cup rice
- 150 gr bacon cut in small cubes
- 1/2 cube of chicken stock
- 2 cups hot water
- Salt to taste
- In a pan, sauté the onion in olive oil.
- Add the garlic clove and rice. Let it fry a little.
- Add the bacon and the cube of chicken stock. Mix well to combine the stock cube with the rice.
- Add the hot water and season with salt.
- Stir and cook covered for about 20 min.