I’m getting myself into a strange territory… polenta! Grilled polenta to be more precise 🙂
It’s not a very common dish in my country. In one of our islands, we have a similar dish made from corn flour but we don’t eat it much in the mainland.
From what I’ve heard, polenta is quite popular in Italy. So I though this is a dish that for sure will please my boyfriend. But, he was raised in Italy, but by a Maltese mother. So not all the traditional Italian dishes were regulars at his table while growing up. Still, I decided too give it a go and see if I could come up with a good polenta.
I’ve found different ways to cook and eat polenta, but I decided to try the grilled version. Sounded nice and very close to the portuguese dish I told about before. And I think I managed to achieve a good result 🙂
- 8 tbsp instant polenta
- 500 ml water
- 1 cube of beef stock
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil as needed
- Bring the water to a boil, seasoned with salt and beef stock cube.
- Once boiling, add the polenta and stir well.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, for about 5/10 min until the polenta is creamy.
- Remove from the heat and place the polenta on a tray. Spread the polenta so that it is about 2 cm high. Allow to cool.
- Once it's cold, cut the polenta into small rectangles.
- Grill the polenta rectangles on a grill brushed with a little olive oil.
- It's ready when you can see the grill marks on the polenta.