If you feel like cooking a nice stir fry or any other dish that includes Chinese/Japanese noodles, let me show you how I cook them. I use dry egg noodles which come packed in individual nests. This makes it much easier as the nests have the right quantity for 1 person, so you cook 1 nest per person 🙂 If you don’t find noodles packed in nests the quantity should be 50g per person.
- Water as needed
- 1 pack of dry egg noodle nests
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil.
- Add the noodles to the pan (1 nest per person or 50g if not using nests)
- Stir them carefully to separate them (I usually use my chopsticks)
- Simmer for 5 min (or 4 min if you are using them in a stir fry)
- Drain the noodles in a colander and serve (or add it to your stir fry)