I know what you must be thinking: “Oh no, another recipe for deviled eggs”… Well, my reply is: “This is not another recipe for deviled eggs, these are Avocado Deviled Eggs”… Maybe it’s not such a big deal for you but I never had it before and I’m so happy I tried it…
Why Avocado Deviled Eggs?
Again, a very simple answer: as you all know, I’m a regular viewer of Food Network. One of these days, during an episode of “The Kitchen”, Katie Lee made this recipe for Avocado Deviled Eggs and I immediately loved it… I love eggs and lately I also became a fan of avocado… So the combination was perfect for me.
This is the result of my first try at this recipe for Avocado Deviled Eggs and I’m happy with the way it came out… But we all know that practice makes perfection so I will make again and again… Good excuse, no? 🙂 Enjoy!
Avocado deviled eggs
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Grated zest of 1 lemon plus 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 avocado diced
- Bring water to a boil in a large pan. With a ladle, slowly put the eggs into the water one by one. Reduce the heat to a low boil and cook for 10 min. Remove the eggs from the water and let them cool down.
- When the eggs are cool enough to handle, remove the shells. Slice each egg in half lengthwise. Remove the yolks and place them in a food processor. Arrange the whites cut-side up on a serving platter.
- To the food processor, add the mayonnaise, lemon zest and juice, mustard, salt, pepper and avocado. Process until well blended and smooth. Transfer the mixture to a piping bag. Or you can use a resealable plastic bag. With scissors, snip off a bottom corner from the bag. Using the bag like a piping bag, pipe the yolk mixture into the egg whites. Garnish with freshly ground black pepper. Serve immediately or cover loosely and chill until ready to serve.
[amazon_link asins=’B001C3DRDG,B071YX8V4N,B00537P230,B0001IWY3C,B0739VKZCD,B000EUKOMA’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’onceuponapan-21′ marketplace=’UK’ link_id=’b23674c7-463e-11e8-8022-036315671a1b’]